(1) Freedom and independence of the media are hereby guaranteed.
(2) Subject to this Constitution and any other law not inconsistent with this Constitution, there shall be no censorship
(3) There shall be no impediments to the establishment of private press or media; and in particular, there shall be no
law requiring any person to obtain a licence as a prerequisite to the establishment or operation of a newspaper, journal or
other media for mass communication or information.
(4) Editors and publishers of newspapers and other institutions of the mass media shall not be subject to control or interference
by Government, not shall they be penalized or harassed for their editorial opinions and views, or the content of their publications.
(5) All agencies of the mass media shall, at all times, be free to uphold the principles, provisions and objectives of
this Constitution, and shall uphold the responsibility and accountability of the Government to the people of Ghana.
(6) Any medium for the dissemination of information to the public which publishes a statement about or against any person
shall be obliged to publish a rejoinder, if any, from the person in respect of whom the publication was made.